2011-03-15

Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant

Bon Soir!

J'aime la crème glacée! Mmmmm! This is filled with strawberries..... - Not as good as Ben & Jerry's, which is the ice cream créme de la créme. My favorites are those containing sorbet. Nam, nam, nam.

Do you think I babble too much about deserts? - I do because I have a sweet tooth. I cannot resist cakes, ice-cream, sweets, chocolate yak, yak, yak :P I'm a sweets addict. Chocolate makes me smile. I always eat 2 pieces of dark chocolate with lemon in the morning. I believe it's good for my mental health.

I also love fruits - bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, plums, peaches etc. I eat lots of fruits every day. And I use fruits in warm meals. My speciality is omelette containing apples, rasberries / strawberries. That is soooo good. You can eat it in the morning or for dinner. Tasty fruit sallad is a must as a supplement to a pepper steak. The fruit balances the hot taste from the pepper.


Now over to a far more serious topic. The nuclear accident in Japan. All experts tell us that there's nothing to worry about, however, I am worried. Not for my own health or security, but for the Japanese. I cannot imagine what will happen in case of a worst-case scenario. And right now we seem to be moving dangerously close on the edge of the worst-case scenario. I'm not saying that the information we get from the Japanese authorities is in-correct, but it is very hard for me to believe that this will lead to a happy end after the 3rd reactor explosion this afternoon.



I watched a report from one of the towns that was swept away by the tsunami, and it was terribly sad to see people walk around in what used to be their homes, trying to pick up small bits and pieces of their lives.

We're now told, that EU will take initiative to overlook the security in all of Europes 145 nuclear plants. Could it be that the European politicians realizes that there might be risks here as well?

2 comments:

Christopher Raun Leth said...

Have your sweet tooth as well, desserts and sweets for me please:-)

Like you I feel for the Japanese people and hope they'll get out of this disaster still relatively intact. Hopefully the European reactors are not placed anywhere near potential disaster zones.

cieldequimper said...

I'm trying not to link the pleasure of ice-cream and peaches with the horrors in Japan.

There was an error in this gadget