2011-03-07

In space the stars are no nearer. Just glitters like a morgue

Hey there!
 
How's it going?
 
Accidently zapped into 'Top Models' season-I-couldn't-care-less. When I look at these girls, they're quite dull girls, who all seem to believe that they can conquer the world with beauty and fashion and a looooot of make-up and false eyelashes. I think it's all as fake as snow in July. They might have pretty faces, but the truth is, none of them make any impression on me. I look at them, but their faces do not fasten in my mind. If I met them in the street, I wouldn't recognize them. But their appearence in this phony programme make them believe that they are stars. Stars in what? Doing what? What is beauty? - I think beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder.
 
So here I am, 47 years old, the mother of 2, after a loooong days hard work. This is how I look - with all my blemishes, my scratches from the cat-having-fun-hour etc., etc. You'll be my judge.
 

Sweet dreams

1 comment:

Christopher Raun Leth said...

We or a large percentage of "We" seem to worship the shallow and the superficial. These programs really make me think that Groucho Marx was right: "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
And no, you don't seem too shabby.-)

There was an error in this gadget