2009-08-28

J'Adore

A coupple of days ago I received this beautiful award from Thom at http://tp4ww.com/.

I appreciate receiving this from you, Thom. I strongly recommend everybody to check out his wonderful blog. Thom always has a surprise for his readers. And his layout is cool. Very exotic. So thank you Thom for this. - I will pass it over during this weekend.

******************************************************************

Here are some more pictures from the inside of Jaervsoe Church.

The pulpit is from 1772. When the church was restored in 1890 the pulpit was removed from the church. Luckily it was found and re-installed in the church in 1958.




The church is built on an island. Due to it's length it was built in a North-South direction instead of the traditional Christian East-West direction.



Cheers,
Asta

9 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Exceptional photography and I liked a look inside the church.

Thanks for your visit to my Pick a Peck of Pixels Blog and for your comment there about the squirrel with one ear stuck flat down on its head. She is sitting in the snow eating a peanut. Pick a Peck of Pixels

Lucy the Cat said...

Congrats on your award!

I LOVE this church and your pictures capturing it. I also really enjoyed the interesting tidbits about it.

Jacob said...

This is a WOW post! Nice-looking and very sexy award! Congratulations!

And the church is magnificent. Thanks for these delightful photos!

Thom said...

YOu are most welcome my friend. I love these pictures. They are so awesome. And the info you give is just wonderful as well. I hope you have a great Friday :) Much Aloha :)

~Cheryl said...

I really have enjoyed your "church" series. That pulpit it incredible! Happy weekend to you!

Asta said...

Thank you for all your compliments. I'm very honoured!

Cheers,
Asta

JM said...

Glad they have found the pulpit, it's gorgeous! Great photos and congratulations on your award, Asta!

Asta said...

I agree. It was very good that someone found the pulpit again, because it is very beautiful
Thank you JM!-:)
Cheers,
Asta

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Lovely lovely church! Wonderful details and captures!!!!

There was an error in this gadget