2009-06-15

Excursion

We've now arrived our first stop on our month long trip.

Today we visited an area that has a special place in my heart. - The military exercise area of Oksboel at the Westcoast of Jutland in Denmark, where I spent lots of time when I was a child.

Above photo indicates why this road was blocked. I am not able to give you the sound, but I'm sure you can imagine.

We also visited the Tirpitz Bunker, built during World War II as a part of Hitlers 'Atlantic Wall'. The cupole is new and has a beautiful ceiling. The photo I managed to get of the ceiling isn't that good, but I'm publishing it anyway, just to give you an idea of the beauty of it.


Cheers for now,
Asta

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Very nice, Asta! What, you're afraid of a little live ammo? ;-)

Like the cupola and our photo is excellent.

Enjoy!

Christopher Raun Leth said...

It seems like you're enjoying your holiday. Keep it up:-)

Mo said...

What an interesting place

Asta said...

Didn't think it was such a good idea to ignore the sign-:)

The cupola is a fabolous piece of art. I was very impressed......

There was an error in this gadget