2009-01-26

Rape of the ignorant mind

Been kinda lazy for the last couple of days. In relation to my blog that is. Feel a bit un-inspired, which probably has to do with my lack of energy which I blame on my sickness. I lost 8 pounds, which is 10% of my total body weight. And that's a lot. So I feel I may be excused.

While I've been un-inspired, a bunch of other people has taken the opportunity to overwhelm us with more or less useless information. Same category as mine above you may add.......... For example I read useless information about dresses on the red carpet and hair and make-up and I don't know what. I couldn't care less, so why on earth bother to read the stuff - which - by the way - most of the time is written by people who knows nothing about trends, and who can't write, but just happen to be a nobody who suddenly became a somebody by throwing dirt on other people.

What strikes me when reading these "trendy" blogs is not so much that Perez Hilton and TMZ.com exists. Not odd either that thousands of people chew the garbage raw without a burple. Most people do. Because they're borred, or ignorant or un-able to use the inner-side of their brain. It's fascinating, that these bloggers live on other peoples ignorance the way they do. It's called abuse where I come from. But the abused are not able to see the abuser even though he's only 3 inches away.

Perez Hilton and others point their finger and yeal J'acuse! as if they were the new Émile Zola. But unlike Zola, they never make a statement - they just imply...... The rest is up to the anonymous comment writers. Who are they these mind fuckers? Are they wise, sensible people whose mission in life is to lead the flock? - No! They're not. They're cockroaches who don't stand up for what they say or do. They hide behind their disciples who comment on everything they write. - Excuse me while I throw up.

They'll scandalize anyone as long as that person has more than they have: A life and a hobby.

Why did I read the shit? - I was un-inspired and needed a good kick in the part of the body that I hold high ONLY when I study the insects crawling underneath the dirt.

Cheers!
Asta

1 comment:

Christopher Raun Leth said...

Welcome back, Asta - and in flying style too:-)

I share your not-so-high opinion on some celebrities and all the so-called journalists who follow them. They are IMHO not worth the ink (or in this case screen area) that are afforted them. Actually I put them in the same category as used car salesmen, ambulance chasers and many politicians (no-one named, no-one forgotten).

But like you write many ordinary people obviously think that the celebrities are the new royalty. I think too that many of the celebrities though they complain actually thrive on the puplicity. They use it to get the right parts in the right movies, they use it to get invited to the right parties and they use it to get to play in the right clubs. They wouldn't be popular without the sleazy press coverage so they might yell a bit from time to time but only a select few are serious. And those are the ones we never hear anything personal about!

There was an error in this gadget