2009-01-06

I - The Enviable

Read an aticle on www.slate.com offering good advice on how not to do on Facebook and Myspace or other sites on the internet, if you want to avoid to expose yourself to your boss or to your planned husbands or wives by showing the more merry sides of your nature. - For example images of drinking and partying etcetera. - I felt completely excluded.

I belong to that exclusive group of the deadly dull thousandths of people who neither drink alcohol nor take drugs. - Neither did I ever go to high school - or university - and I never go to bars. So noone has anything on me - visually I mean. - Come to think of it I would be a really excellent real life princess candidate, in case anyone's in need of one.

With my highly respected good name - not the one I present myself with here, but my real name, which by the way goes back in a straight line to the days of the REAL noblesse oblige - Anno 1300 and something. BC of course. - it would be unthinkable, nearly a mistake to expose oneself in public in an un-controlled condition. And certainly not on the internet.

So the well-meaning and by the way very entertaining article on
www.slate.com concerned only the 139.9 million other users of Facebook and Myspace - not me.

Which in itself is great, because that means that I am quite unique, and thus an enviable. - Isn't it nice with a bit of confirmation from time to time?!?

Cheers!

Posted by Asta

2 comments:

Christopher Raun Leth said...

Oh yes, really nice with a bit of confirmation:-)

That aside the article shows that people should be a bit carefull about how they present themselves on the Internet, not just Facebook. Try Googling yourself and many people would get a good number of hits. Some of the hits will be because your name is not unique and the other person might have some naughty habits.

I've tried and it turns out that I have a namesake (without the middlename thank God) that likes to rate cafés while using bad spelling and who is looking for a wife from Thailand! Propably the same guy that an emergency service keep trying to reach at my phone number and that haven't paid a heating bill in Pile Allé, a bill that I got instead. Another namesake plays little league soccer.

And then there's a lot of references to me...I wonder why:-) Actually I got 945 hits on Google. Quite a bit I think. But not as much as your 2450!

So no matter how carefull we are today we can't avoid getting on the Internet from time to time so I guess you have done the right thing by not crossing any lines.:-)

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋

There was an error in this gadget